Beyond Visions Foundation (BVF) is an IRS tax-exempt §501(c)(3) grassroots public charity foundation incorporated in the U.S. Virgin Islands (VI) on November 1997.
BVF is based in Maryland and the U.S. Virgin Islands, an unincorporated territory of the United States of America nestled among Caribbean island nations. BVFs long-term goal is to become a
grant-making and intermediary foundation that conducts mission-driven programs and providing grants that ultimately enhance the quality of life to our constituents: nonprofit organizations serving at
risk youths and their families, low-to-moderate income families residing in public housing communities, at risk youth; and the environment and its inhabitants.
BVFs governance is comprised of seven dedicated board members, professional staff, and volunteers with over fifty cumulative years of experience and training in nonprofit management. BVF provides capacity building training, grant services and technical assistance for nonprofits. By supporting us through general and program contributions, BVFs vision, mission, and goals will be realized by contributing to systemic changes that enhance and enrich the quality of life for all stakeholders, particularly the underserved.
Our logo symbolizes both our commitment and the need to seek beyond the conventional approaches to addressing our goals. The approaches we choose have meaningful impacts that achieve systemic changes while respecting cultural values.
To serve as a catalyst of empowerment to enhance the quality of life for all.
The mission of Beyond Visions Foundation is to provide the resources to help people of diverse cultures help themselves to develop and enhance their quality of life while protecting the environment. This will be achieved by providing educational, environmental, social and economic assistance. Beyond Visions Foundation seeks active and innovative approaches to carry out its mission in order to achieve the greatest measurable impact resulting in long-term change towards a sustainable future.
OUR GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Click on any of the following headings to see our offered and existing programs under those goals and objectives.
GOAL 1: Non-Profit Management Initiatives
To develop, strengthen and enhance the governance and capability of nonprofit organizations in order to assist them in attaining their goals towards accomplishing their mission.
- Build organizational capacity through direct or indirect support
- Strengthen the leadership skills of non-profit organizations through technical assistance and training opportunities
- Support non-profit organizations through sharing resources and mentoring opportunities
- Promote and encourage opportunities for collaborations among like-minded non-profit organizations
GOAL 2: Economic and Financial Literacy
To build and improve the economic and financial conditions of low to moderate income families
- Help low-income head of household maintain financial stability to training opportunities that build skills for
- Increase the financial/asset wealth building of families through educational opportunities
Goal 3: Positive Youth & Family Development
To advance career and employment opportunities for at-risk youth that will increase the likelihood for educational success and concurrently reduce school dropout, juvenile delinquency rates, teen pregnancy, gang involvement and youth violence. Supportive family structure and engagement is key to the success of this goal.
- Conduct activities that develop critical thinking
- Expose at risk youth to project-based and service learning experiences that increase their expectations for a viable future
- Provide enrichment activities that supplement academic disciplines
- Foster an environment that nurtures, encourages and contributes to positive relationships of at risk youth and their families
- Expose at risk youth to unconventional employment and career alternatives, including entrepreneurship
- Promote activities that develop new learning skills and advances traditional ones
- Engage at risk youth and their families in activities that provide team building, networking, communication, and other soft skills
GOAL 4: Environmental Education, Advocacy, and Stewardship
BVF seeks and supports opportunities to advance the protection and conservation of the environment and assist stakeholders through such pathways as educational awareness campaigning and advocacy.
- Promote conservation of native plants, animals and their habitats and resource conservation
- Develop and deliver environmental education presentations for youth and adults
- Promote the conservation and protection of historical and indigenous resources
- Promote the awareness of and advocacy for the environment through the media
GOAL 5: Standards of Excellence
To adopt, achieve, and maintain standards of excellence and ethics in all foundation projects and partner relationships.
- Provide superior services to the non-profit community
- Maintain the highest professional standards of board and staff
- Conduct and promote activities and programs that are philanthropically mission-driven
- Maximize the allocation of resources by engaging in collaborative efforts and partnerships whenever possible